October 15, 2008
For the advent of Fall, the markets came crashing
And Wall St. and i-banks all got a thrashing.
Predator lenders approved imprudent loans
To millions of debtors now losing their homes.
Bush and his cronies sent your children to battle
And ran up a deficit while their wallets grew fatter.
The environment is suffering from severe lack of care
Because lipsticked pooches don’t like polar bears.
Health care, schmealth care…it’s all a big joke
To insurance lobbyists who make sure it stays broke.
Of the countless problems, we’ve enumerated a few
But enough is enough, so here’s what to do:
Tonight, at B-Bar, come and watch the final debate
On a nice big screen to witness Obama declare, “Checkmate!”
We know what’s at stake
There’s no room for mistake
Take out the G.O.P.
And tell them R.I.P.
Get Barack in the Oval Office
And make way for positive change and progress!
After the debate, which Obama will have won,
We’ll all let loose and have some serious fun!!
**Proceeds tonight will go to Senator Obama’s campaign
To ensure things get fixed and don’t remain the same.**
LOVE Screens the Final Debate
15 October 2008
B-Bar & Grill
40 E. 4th Street (@ Bowery)
DJ Gabby & guest DJ Sophie
* for dinner reservations, call 212 475 2220…say “LOVE Debate” *
September 16, 2008
LOVE is incredible…it’s even EDIBLE!
Let LOVE nourish your heart and soul this Wednesday at B-Bar…Please come join us for cocktails and LOVE nibbles, and dance to the tunes of DJ Gabby Mejia and DJ MATEO.
Entrance is at 358 Bowery (@ 4th Street). LOVE fest starts at 9pm.
A percentage of LOVE’s proceeds go to charities close to our hearts (see previous blog entries for links and more info).
Miye, Katia, Lupe & Gabby
August 31, 2008
We stumbled upon this little quiz yesterday, and although we can’t claim to be native New Yawkuhz, we’re proud to say we passed with flying colours, meaning we’ve earned our stripes — YAY!!…or nay (uh oh)?
But note: These official Gothamists have heart!
August 27, 2008
Friends and LOVErs and countless others,
We’d like to express our deepest gratitude
For your generous, other-regarding attitude.
For supporting the first, the second and third,
And for helping to spread LOVE as the word.
Now the summer’s almost done
And we’re vacationing out-of-state
But we’ll soon resume the fun
Next month after our LOVE break.
We’re back in September!
Katia, Lupe, Miye and Gabby
August 19, 2008
Thank you so much for your continued love and support over the last two weeks. We love seeing your smiles and dancing feet, and can’t wait to see you again this week! This Wednesday, we’re stoked to have the beautiful and talented DJ ELLE at the musical helm — Don’t miss it!
And remember…donations and a large portion of the proceeds go to the charities close to our hearts.
As always… Thanks for spreading the LOVE.
August 19, 2008
We love our guests…and the guests of our guests. And apparently, at our debut, they loved us too! Check it out — click here! It was love at first sight.
Thanks for all of the love and support — it’s contagious!
August 15, 2008
We’ve just recently moved our blog over, so if you missed the first flyers from our first fun LOVE shoot, here they are again:
We had the great honour of working with one of our fave NYC fashion photographers: the uber talented Miss Gabrielle Piedmonte. For more info, please click here to check out her fabulous website.
August 13, 2008
As you know, LOVE benefits four charities close to our hearts. Those charities are:
- FREE ARTS NYC: Free Arts NYC is a volunteer-based nonprofit established to bring the healing power of the arts to children and families who face poverty, homelessness, and other risk factors. At no cost to the children, families, volunteers, or our collaborating agencies, we provide programs that are mobile, making it possible for our volunteers to bring creativity and hope directly into the communities where there is the greatest need.
- STEPHEN MURRAY FAMILY FUND: Established by former rising BMX and extreme sports star, Stephen Murray, who suffered sports injuries which left him paralysed from the neck down, SMFF helps fund his recovery and raise awareness and support for other extreme sports athletes (many of whom are uninsured) who sustain similar injuries.
- BEHLER CHELONIAN CENTER: The Behler Chelonian Center (BCC), established in 2005, is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the conservation and research of freshwater turtles and tortoises whose wild populations are under pressure. Our work includes conservation projects where turtles are threatened in the wild, protection of habitat, conservation education, and field based research of endangered turtle biology. BCC also is campaigning for conservation legislation, re-evaluation of species’ status in the wild, and lobbying for the most comprehensive protection of turtles and tortoises where threatened.
- THE CANCER VIXEN FUND: Founded by breast cancer survivor and cartoonist for The New Yorker, Marisa Marchetto, the Cancer Vixen Fund (in partnership with St. Vincent’s Hospital), provides free mammogram screenings to uninsured women and raises awareness about the prevalence of this disease — 1 in 8 women in the United States will be diagnosed with the disease — and the importance of early detection.
Additionally, the LOVE Is Key 18k gold-plated keychains (as seen on Sarah Jessica Parker and Jennifer Hudson in Sex in the City) will be on sale at the LOVE parties. Proceeds will go to the above charities.
Thank you for your continued love and support! See you on Wednesday at B-Bar!
The LOVE Vigilantes
August 13, 2008
Friends & Lovers,
Please join us tomorrow, Wednesday, for another sweet LOVE fest at B-Bar at 9pm. This time we’re starting at 9pm and have our own special entry on Bowery. Thanks again for your love and support last week — please note that donations and a large portion of the proceeds go to charities close to our hearts (visit www.thelovevigilantes.typepad.com for deets). We’ve got our very own DJ Gabby (a.k.a. “DJ Crips”/”DJ Hobblesworth”) on the 1’s & 2’s, along with special guest, DJ Jordan Aiello (Sonny & Paco)!
And most deliciously, we’ve got $5 specialty cocktails from 9 – 11pm…Yummmmm….
13 August 2008
40 East 4th Street
(special party entrance on Bowery)
DJ Gabby with special guest DJ Jordan Aiello (Sonny & Paco)
$5 Specialty Cocktails from 9 – 11pm
The Love Vigilantes:
Miye, Katia, Lupe & Gabby